CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting

To: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>, Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:52:28 -0500
Ummm,
That's a question you'd have to put to the Thai authorities. I doubt Tree is
an expert in Thai law.

Most of the rest of us don't care. It matters not a whit to me where the
operator is located: if I work N6TR while Tree is in India or I work N6TR
while Tree is at home, I'm still working an Oregon station. The only
different is in the first case, Tree has much longer headphone and keyer
lines than most of us...

Indeed, if you could work it out, I'd say go for it! You would probably have
lots of customers.

BTW: nobody is suggesting for a moment that remote contesting be used to lie
about transmitter or receiver location. Your customers would have to be
honest about transmitting from and receiving in Thailand. It would be
considered a violation of the 500-foot rule to use your station as an
express-lane into Asia while pretending to be purely a K1.

If we can find ways to keep people on the air (note, I said on the AIR)
despite restrictive covenants, aging, business travel or any other
impediments to operating from a home station, it's a good thing.

73, kelly
ve4xt