CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW survey results

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW survey results
From: VE5ZX <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 09:07:24 -0600

What I don't understand is why a *full* set of 24-hour overlays isn't a good idea. A decade ago, several of us ran a survey, and a plurality of those responding said that it would cause them to operate as much or more. I thought we had what we hoped for when the 24-hour Classic category was announced. Alas, by banning SO2R and spotting assistance, the Committee closed the door on those of us wholack the physical wherewithal for 48 hours, (I'm 74, with 60 years of contesting), but still want to compete and use the technology others in the contest have available.

Totally agree with Pete, N4ZR on this matter. I am 71 year now. I was a member of the original group that was hoping for a 24-hour Classic category but with SO2R and spotting assistance. It is a shame the Committee closed the door on this option. I respect those what want to compete in SO only but I too would like to continue to compete using all the technologies available to me without limitation!

Syl - VE5ZX