CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending Your Callsign During A Run

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending Your Callsign During A Run
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:58:27 -0500
100% agree, Pete.  I would admit that I'm a very aggressive CQer while
running ... no more than a second or two between CQs with no answer...
 However, I was using full QSK and Identifying after every QSO with TU
W1VE.   Signing every time didn't hurt the rate.   When calling in Piles, I
always send my call again before the exchange to ensure the station knows
it's me.
Good contest ops like an "in and out" exchange -- knowing that they will be
on a frequency only for a few seconds to complete a QSO.  If they hear bad
operating techniques, they are just going to pass you by.  It's simple
marketing.

73, Gerry W1VE