CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] 2012 WPX SSB - category question

To: gp <n6yg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2012 WPX SSB - category question
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:28:36 +0200
I completely mist the second part of his question. As others have
stated, correcting the log after the contest is considered cheating.
There is, however, nothing wrong with checking and correcting errors
that are obvious such as changing a zero for an O or visa versa. As
long as you don't use things such as QRZ.com, DX clusters or audio
recordings of the contest, you will be fine.
I once received an email from someone asking me what the number was
that I send him. Obviously this is considered cheating as well.

I certainly hope you enjoyed the contest. I know the contest sponsor
will be happy to receive you log. There more logs that get send in,
the better.

Best 73, Maarten

2012/4/3 gp <n6yg@hotmail.com>:

> Hello all, This is the first year that I'm going to actually submit my
> logs after a contest. Normally I just hunt and peck during a contest and
> I very rarely call CQ. I just pretty much dial around and answer CQ's..
> Well this year I played around with a contest logger and decided to
> submit my logs and see how I did..
>
> I was going through the results and am curious if I have the terminology
> correct.
>
> For example
>
> (USA SO(A)AB LP)
>

> Does this mean US,  Single Operator, Assisted, All band, Low power...  ??
>
>   If you check a DX cluster after a contact to verify a call sign you
> think you might have gotten wrong  does that constitute assisted ?? Or
> do you actually have to use a DX cluster in a way that helps you find
> frequencies of stations (multipliers ...)  you need for it to be
> considered Assisted..

73, Maarten PD2R