CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Feeding an 80m Delta Loop

To: Carol Richards <n2mm@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Feeding an 80m Delta Loop
From: PY1NB - Felipe Ceglia <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:27:54 -0200
Hi Carol,

For DX usage, a good option is a vertically mounted (base of the triangle
parallel to ground), vertically polarized delta loop.
The best feeding position is 1/4 wave from top to bottom, using 1/4
electric length of 75 ohm coaxial.

If you polarize it horizontally, you will depend on having it very high to
ensure a low radiation angle.

73,

Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB
PR1T team member /// Rio DX Group member /// Araucaria DX Group member
http://dxwatch.com /// http://reversebeacon.net /// http://riodxgroup.com