CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] modest proposal ...up to 200w

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] modest proposal ...up to 200w
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 09:47:59 -0700
Another thing I have wondered about is the 'no amp' rule in the NAQP RTTY.

The power limit is 150 watts but a lot of the radios being used are not
capable of doing 100 watts RTTY for extended periods of time.

Only reason I see for that 'no amp' rule is that someone might cheat.
Can't figure any other reason.

In that case, they should outlaw any radio capable of more than 150 watts.
Or maybe owners of those radios are more honest than us guys with the old
Kenwoods that have to be run about 40 watts :-)  73
Tom W7WHY