CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping, new angle

To: Bokverket <info@bokverket.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping, new angle
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:29:38 +0300
(Sorry, sent away my message before finished)

Yes, agree with Goran.

The main issue is that MM competition this year was weak and in case we had
a few really competitive MM efforts, no chance would have been for CR3L to
lead the claimed scores.

The discussion is so much about "ethics" and "unsportsmanlike behaviour"
where as the focus should be:

Why on earth is it possible to win MM with a M2 or a M/S station?

Not knowing fully the setup of PJ2T, and all the issues they might have had
with power failures and antennas that were not delivered on site, normally,
PJT2 could easily have won the MM category and could easily have had 10
Million more points than any M/S or M2 station.

So, instead of debating this into some absurd dead end, focus on having
fun, on planning for a gigantic attack on the MM first position in 2016.
You can, and you should not, win if your effort in any category is World
Class. Obvisously PJ2T had issues and problems that prevented them from
winning this year. Let's face it and realize that during the period
2016-2021 (at least), they will have far better chances than most other
stations. The location PJ2 is better than most locations in the world. They
should logically have no issue to beat any M2 station in the world.

There are no moral winners - there is only one:  The station with most
points in each category. Whether you like it or not, that is the way CQWW
works. Nothing prevents anyone from posting a score on 3830. This is not
the official site for CQWW.

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)