CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?

To: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 18:52:02 +0300
Normal use .. one radio at the site, neighbors more than 10 miles away,
antenna total weight below 175 lbs per band or element count max 6 per
band, tower height below 80ft .. no problem to use any radio.

Build a multi radio site, 100ft+ towers - more than one tower.

Then RMDR and other abbreviations slowly begin to matter.

Or, if you have a neighbor with an amplifier and big antennas closer than
10 miles.
Then his radio transmitter performance is the most important measure of
your station's success.

73,
Jukka OH6LI