CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 12:26:41 -0400
I don't have a problem with remote contesting either, as long as it is
done legally and ethically.

The legality under CEPT for US operations at best is undetermined.
ARRL regulatory has one opinion which says that it is not. Individuals
have other opinions. What I do not see here is the FCC saying whether
it is legal or not.

There is also a potential violation of US regulations if foreign
operators exceed the power and frequency limits of their home license.
Despite what W5OV says, Part 97, specifically 97.107 is extremely
clear about this. The operating terms and conditions of the home
license must be observed. This includes power and frequency limits.

The ethics, well that is up to an individual and their conscience.

73
Ria, N2RJ