CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] A smoking gun? (was RE: KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A smoking gun? (was RE: KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012)
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:59:09 -0500
Those are good points, Dick. If I held a General class license and
operated a contest using my own callsign, whether I was at my home,
someone else's station, mobile, or at a portable station out in the
middle of nowhere that I set up, I think it would be unwise to operate
outside my operating privileges. Operating in Extra-only band segments
is bound to be noticed by someone or other and someone is probably
going to query it.

I believe a station licensee can designate someone else to be a
control operator. For instance, our club used the club callsign on
Field Day. The trustee has an Extra class license. So do I. I was
designated a control op a couple times when people with lower class
licenses were operating. I sat next to them and watched as they
operated.

73, Zack W9SZ