CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Bright side of ID non-problem (and Log Deadline and Rea

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Bright side of ID non-problem (and Log Deadline and Real Time Score Reporting).
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:36:17 -0300
Hi Steve.
I feel lucky! :-)
I only had to wait for 19 Qs in my case for one the big boys to ID. Despite
I use a cluster to populate the band maps, I don't call  till I actually
hear the DX callsign.
But anyways, isn't there some kind of complicity with the calling ones? I
mean, no one (including myself) requested him to ID during those three
minutes.
I guess sending the callsign often is sort of "needed" to show some
appreciation for the callers helping rack up a big score. In the end, one
can go to the best DX spot, but if no one calls because of our rudeness, it
won't be a successful contest operation.
Hopefully this thread will help change things in this matter a bit,  and
next year we will only need to wait for no more than 10 Qs  :-)

Now, you raise a good point Steve. Though we are well within the log
submission time frame and deadline is two days away, one would have
expected five of the top SOAB entrants and the top MM station to have
already submitted their logs. Prefereably one minute after the contest, or
one hour, or two, or three, but not days. Also knowing there is a good
asset like cqcontest.ru where participants can automatically report their
scores using their logging software (N1MM, TR4W, Win-Test, WriteLog,
5MContest, QARTest, AATest are supported), one would have expected these
same stations to be reporting their progress as well.

I strongly believe there is a huge breath of fresh air blowing through CQ
WW DX contests, but if we all help a bit more, making contesting better
will actually happen faster.

Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX