CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] And now for something completely different......

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] And now for something completely different......
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:10:42 -0500
On Feb 3, 2009, at 10:36 PM, steve.root@culligan4water.com wrote:

> The most important single factor?
>
> All the guys who took the time to teach me. Elmers like W0BE,
> WA0PRS, W0UA, W0ZZ, N0IJ. And all the guys who have helped me now,
> like KQ2M or K5ZD and many others.
>
> It's all about the people, folks.

Hear, Hear! I had kindly people who put up with my lame early
attempts. As I recall, the first taste of radiosport was at Field day.
They brought me through in stages, from having me observe for a half
hour or so, then logging for another Operator, then finally take over
the mic after a couple hours logging. It was my first HF QSO, and it
was plenty scary. Lot's of fun though. I was hooked.

-73 de Mike N3LI -