CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>,"CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:45:34 -0500
Tom,

What you say is true.

Why then do you think that the FCC decided to listen to people who
oppose contesters and CW operators at every opportunity? Shouldn't they
allow us the same freedom to do what we like?

Why are the CW operators being squeezed out by compressing the digital
stuff downward in the band?

The bottom line is that the CW bands are going to be eliminated. This is
the official beginning of the end for CW.

73,

Bob W5OV

> I feel this way about SSB.  And PSK.  If I had my druthers, the bands
would
> be all RTTY and CW.  But, I guess there are people out there that like
SSB,
> just like there are people like AM, or FM,  PSK, or any other mode that
> gives them pleasure.  Just because I don't like it, I don't think they
> shouldn't be able to do it.  It IS legal you know.  IMHO.  73
> Tom W7WHY
>

> >Six and ten KHz response  voice signals are like excrement in a >punch
> >bowl.  Those who  produce such should be banned from >polite company
- and
> >banished to some microwave band where >there are 10s of MHz for them to
> >fill.

Bob Naumann - W5OV