CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Why Is It.......

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why Is It.......
From: "Sherman Banks" <w4atl@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:31:22 -0400
You are not the only one with this problem.  This is one of the reasons I
don't do more DX oriented contests from my QTH.  You need power and decent
antennas to get runs going.  Otherwise it's S&P.

I have no problem running DX stations during the week but try it on a
contest weekend and you don't get any calls.

The problem is most likely strong signals causing de-sense in receivers
making lower power stations harder to hear during a busy contest weekend.
It makes a DX contest really boring unless you can work those 0 point
stations closer to you.  But that's another thread...

See you in IARU where you can work anybody you want with no penalty.