CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest

To: "Victor A. Kean, Jr." <vkean@k1lt.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest
From: Victor Goncharsky <us5we@bk.ru>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:41:15 +0300
I think the exchange 59(9) plus 6-character grid ie KN29AU will give the exact
distance between the two.
Most if not all contest software support this format which is widely used in
VHF contesting.
Unfortunately CQ WW VHF contest uses 4-character grid scheme and different
point calculation, instead of 1 point per kilometer + 6-character grid which is
de facto the European standart.
This is one of the reasons it's not popular in Europe.
73, Victor US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in contests)