CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?
From: "Rich Gelber" <rich@k2wr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:22:23 -0500
Answering the following may require the efforts of an even older fart than I have become, but here goes:

I have a vague recollection from ages and ages ago of some people sending "000" instead of "KW" because of something not accepting 4 digits (i.e. "1000"), and only accepting numbers, or it being shorter, or something.

Does anybody remember what I'm talking about? It doesn't make sense on the surface, because we've had computer logging in some fashion for over 30 years, and I think my recollection of this pre-dates that.

Rich K2WR

---
http://www.avg.com