CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:16:48 +0100
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>

<snip>

> Each WRTC station never lacks for callers, whether they are
> spotted or not.

Not true - I heard several calling CQ and not getting callers.

> Winning comes down to working more stations than everyone else,

Yes, and very time a station is spotted it gets more callers.
That's not cheerleading in the conventional sense Carol described,
it is direct external assistance.

> Let's remain focused on the reason WRTC exists. It is a measure
> of the operating skills of each team.

It SHOULD be a measure of the operating skills of each team.

> Packet spotting is not the problem as some would believe.

It's the most significant unregulated factor in preventing WRTC
being a measure of the operating skills of each team.

73,
Paul EI5DI