CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments... what I do

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments... what I do
From: kr1g@hotmail.com (ted demopoulos)
Date: Tue Mar 6 15:17:44 2001
If I find a clear freq and call CQ and start running, its mine. No one is
going to bully me off the freq (and I can be mighty stubborn, even for a
W1!!). Conversely if I get no answers, and someone returns after a very few
CQs and insists on ownership, they can have it back.

If I vacate a freq briefly (a few seconds, not a few minutes), and someone
is there when I return, I try to reclaim the freq. If they want to fight,
they can probably have it. If they are on my "bad" list (typically for
trying to blatantly steal my frequency), the rules change!! Actually the
rules change depending on how tired I am and how I feel, but I try to be
reasonable.

Reasonable Behavior??? :  A Caribbean came and told me the frequency was in
use, although I had run well over10 stations and was about 3kc away. I
explained this but he responded in a way I found obnoxious at the time, so
I told him the band was in use, and to go find another one!!! Don't
remember the call or I'd mention it,

73

Ted KR1G