CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] "THE BIGGEST DAMN STUD ON THE AIR!"

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "THE BIGGEST DAMN STUD ON THE AIR!"
From: "Jeff AC0C" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:30:32 -0600
This guy is missing the point.  Contests are good for ARS - even if you are not
a participant - or even in the "anti-contest because
it interferes with my rag chew time" viewpoint.

The ARS spectrum is under assault from many quarters.  And one of the
identified characteristics of our bands in these arguments is
"underutilized."   Contests serve, if no other purpose, to load up the spectrum
and demonstrate - if only for a 48 hour period -
that the bands are in serious use.

And competition for competition sake?  Nothing wrong with that.  Unless you
have a totalitarian mindset.

Contesting is clean fun.  It requires no TARP funds.  Lowers rates of drunk
driving deaths and is nearly impossible to get pregnant
while participating.  Personal levels of endurance and ear/hand/eye
coordination are tested.  Participation can be sole or team
oriented.  And 4 out of 5 doctors surveyed considered contesting to be safe for
all ages.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com