CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW zero Point Qs

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW zero Point Qs
From: "Rick Dougherty NQ4I" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:06:54 -0400
Hi Ed...I like your approach, but want to take issue that the problem
doesnot happen in ARRL also...the logging programs will not asccept qso's
from ve or w/k as its set up for dx only format..so we don't log the ve or
w/k qso's in arrl...we work'em and keep going..so the problem doesnot appear
there for that reason...giving away a zone credit will not solve the
problem...its the good'ol boy thing thats happening here in cqww...they hear
you/us calling cq contest...not knowing the rules, they respond with a qso
to help out...doesn't do any good to tell them thanks but no thanks....so
like a good boy scout we work'em and log'em and go on....contrary to some
opinions here, the people who are calling to help out, tend to be fairly
strong...most in my case are from W1-W3 areas...and they cover up potential
EU callers who might be many s units down in strength.... does the calling
EU, who might be weaker in strength move on in frustration...maybe...don't
know for sure...but for this period of time we are disposed taking this zero
pointer call....

I do like KR2Q's possible good side effect...the rate meter is much higher
and should make the run op "set his hair on fire" even more...hi

73 de Rick nq4i