CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Q-Signals for Contesting

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Q-Signals for Contesting
From: Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:33:59 -0400
>> QCS?  Q - Crappy Signal ?      Other suggestions?
>> 73  -  Jim  K8MR

Jim -

The answer is simple:   The Contest Committee needs to start DQ'ing
participants based on crappy CW signals - only then will the behavior change.

I assume when that happens, the Committee will publish quantitative criteria
and digital recordings to back it up.   That will minimize the complaining
afterwards.

Kudos to Randy and the CQWW Committee for finally having the balls to finally
list disqualifications in a public manner.   It's about time.

Interestingly, over the last week I have read numerous posts from US contesters
questioning the rationale for the TO7A disqualification.   These appear to be
many of the same ops who have historically argued for keeping the SOAB and
SOAB(A) categories separate.

I would keep in mind the easiest solution to the 'illegal Assistance' problem
is to simple collapse the SOAB and SOAB (U) categories together.  Is that what
you guys really want?   If not, I suggest you let the Committee do its job and
offer them your full support.

73,

Ken KE3X