CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Forum Rooms for DX/Contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Forum Rooms for DX/Contesting
From: "N8IE" <n8ie@woh.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:25:17 -0400
Well, being a Dayton local it's not that big of a secret.

The Hamvention Chairman had to make a tough call with room assignments this
year because of the ARRL Convention taking place during the Hamfest. The
ARRL needs a lot of room for their events and he had to make a very
unpopular decision. They are also having some major displays this year,
along with Bob Heil. The section he occupies is going to be Audio Hall or
something like that.

I give DARA a lot of credit, they are going through a major restructuring
and trying to get the local club AND Hamvention back on the right track.
Give them a couple more years to see what they can do. I know we all have
complained a lot the past few years about how lousy Hamvention has become
(and I have not been a fan of DARA over the years) but I see a lot of good
in the "New DARA" if they keep their focus. They hear our cries but there is
only so much that can be done each year. This is just an unfortunate year
for the contesting folks that the ARRL is taking center stage.

I'm not affiliated with DARA or Hamvention, I'm just a local boy. :-)

73
Dan, N8IE