CQ-Contest

power limiting

Subject: power limiting
From: pff@bfs.uwm.edu (Paul Fischer)
Date: Thu May 9 09:37:41 1996
Hi. I am having a problem limiting power output from my hf rig to my
amplifier. I have built a 300 watt FET amp that has around 26db gain
and requires almost no drive. In fact, if you over drive the least
amount the FET is toast! I have toasted 2 so far. These devices a
very expensive. I need a way to limit the output of my rig to say 1
watt. What seems to be happening is the drive pot is not linear and
turning it just a little to far and wham there goes another FET. I am not
sure what I could introduce between the output of my rig and the amp
without disturbing the rf. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

From: Gerard Lynch - GI0RTN <U9556982@Queens-Belfast.AC.UK> (Gerard Lynch -
GI0RTN)
Subject: Contesting in G, DL and PA this summer

Sorry about the last posting which I sent to the reflector by
accident!
I have just found out my summer holiday plans which involve working
in England (probably Liverpool) from mid-June to end of July,
followed by 4 weeks in Kleve, Germany in August (close to the border
with PA).
If anyone is planning a multi-op in any of the contests happening
about then WAE, IARU, AA or somesuch please give me an E-mail.

HAVE KEYER - WILL TRAVEL

Gerard Lynch
u9556982@qub.ac.uk              +44 1232 755818         GI0RTN
Belfast, N.Ireland

Need GI on WARC bands???????
Call me on either 10.101 or 10.115MHz CW - most evenings after 2200 UTC!

'Nothing is real' - John Lennon

'A woman is just a woman - but a good cigar is a smoke!' - WC Field