CQ-Contest

[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday (and time warning #1)

To: "RTTY@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday (and time warning #1)
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 02:18:36 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

Another double digit turnout last week, although a couple stations  did not
report to 3830.  40m was as active as ever, and I finally made the 160m
connection to NN7SS.  Must mean winter is near…

This last weekend was definitely a full one.  Worked many NSers in the JARTS,
and even Europe opened up for us here on the west coast.  Hope everyone had the
time to keep active on the bands.

This weekend is one of those that either you like what’s on the menu or you
find your golf clubs/bicycle/skis (water, not snow) or perhaps do some SWLing.
CQWW SSB is the only thing on the plate, so if you’d like some RTTY time before
digging out your microphone please join us Thursday evening for a bit of
sprinting.

And now the warning:  Warning, Danger, Will Robinson!  Daylight Savings Time is
going away in less than two weeks.  So write the yellow sticky, put an alarm in
your calendar, whatever you need to do.  NS sessions will be starting 1 hour
earlier in local time (this includes you CW guys too!).  Showing up an hour
late will have you RTTY folks finding no diddles but lots of CW.  Forewarned is
forearmed!

And don’t forget we have a spot on the real time score server at
contestonlinescore.com.  Instructions for setup are on the site and all major
loggers support the reporting format.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:
Friday,  27 Oct 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 26 Oct 2017 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT  (these times will be changing soon!)
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up  (starting to come alive)
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links
to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know
so we can get them fixed.
If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a have a
place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing list:
For something new (and exciting?), give the live scoreboard a try at
https://contestonlinescore.com  .  Set up your logger to report and select the
NCCC NA RTTY SPRINT on the web page to display the scores.  The Help menu
pulldown will give you the info needed to setup the most common logging
programs.
Don’t forget to report your score to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on
3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner
menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR