CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R comments...
From: otterstad@enter.vg (ragnar otterstad)
Date: Wed Mar 7 12:57:36 2001

The answer was immediate and obvious. He dropped down into the European
phone band and screamed at me on my receive frequency for 20 minutes until I
went away.

I hope it was in the PHONE band , i.e. above 7040 !  Some have a bad habit
of tuning below and making a mess in the CW band when the Eastern EU club
stations starts calling and covering 10 kHz with their splatters !

Fortunately, this is all academic for me. I don't know the phone, and on CW
the problem is minor at worst.

You can say that again.  " Parrot" contests never really appealed to me
either, although I may jump in and give some of the guys a multiplier for an
hour or so. But never on 40 or 160 m !  Life is too short for that sort of
aggrevation ! hi

73

Ragnar Otterstad " RAG"  LA5HE Also JW5HE OZ8RO.

Located in Telemark - Home of Skiing.
Try http://www.visitTelemark.com