CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] f/B Antenna ratios - reception

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] f/B Antenna ratios - reception
From: "Matt & Carrie" <superfly@tetonwireless.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:51:53 -0600
Wow, It's been thirty years!

I just looked back in my first log book and I had listed all the SS QSOs I
made in 1976. There were 125 of them, most all on 15 meters in the novice
band! I was still a novice at the time. My call was WB7CFL, but it had been
WN7CFL up until about a month prior to SS (according to my log notes). The
FCC did away with the WN prefixes in October of '76 according to my log.

Anyway, I'm sure many recognize these calls rendered from the log?:

K4FU, K6AYB, WA6ITV, W7JEG, K7RA, VE7CC, K3HBP, W3CNS, K2PLF/3, WA5IYX,
K0RWL, K8MFO, K6NA, W0EEE to name a few...thanks to all for venturing into
the novice bands back then to work who was then a high school kid with a red
afro. I remember those days...when I had hair.

Wow, thirty years of craziness.

Keep it coming,

Matt--K7BG (ex-WN7CFL, WB7CFL, AA7BG)