CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:00:29 -0400
Who comes up with this stuff anyway?  Now we have a "standard" list for all
3076+ US counties?  Just like that?

I'm sorry, but it is just not possible to subscribe to every mail list in
existance, and I'd think that something along the lines of a project like
this would at least have been mentioned once or twice along the way here.
OK, sure, I could have missed one announcement, but something this major?

Since when has this been a problem?  And now it's being implemented?  Just
like that?  Why?

Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 23:09:27 -0000
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>

When contest committees change rules just for the sake of changing rules it
is a real hardship for an ole-fart, like me. The changes to the CQP county
abbreviations seem to have no rationale. The old system of 3 or 4 letter
abbreviations worked very well for years, many years. If  a contest
committee wants to change rules to improve or enhance a contest I'm all for
it. Over the years I've seen several rule changes to CQP which have made no
logical sense including these new 4 letter abbreviations.
One of the nice things about contesting is if you don't like a particular
contest you are not required to participate. An option which I'm now
exercising.
73

MAL
N7MAL