CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] I don't QSL

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I don't QSL
From: n4bp@bc.seflin.org (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue Feb 17 01:41:29 1998
You are not alone!  It was interesting to read your post since we seem to
have the exact same experience and attitude about QSLing.  I threw away a
collection that filled a bedroom chest of drawers many years ago and
instructed the ARRL bureau to discard any QSLs they received for me.  I
do reply to cards that include SASE's but do not save the cards I
receive.  When I run out of my current supply of cards (rubber stamp),
don't know how I'll handle it.
I do save QSLs that I receive for QRP contacts and a few others that I
find interesting (just received one last week from eight year old Becky who
has an Extra ticket!).  I also have a collection of cards with "BP"
suffix, probably about three dozen of them.
Answering the cards that include an SASE is a minor annoyance, but the
sender did spend 64 cents and probably needs the card for WAS or county
awards.  Oh, I also do not log by hand any more.  All QSO's, contest or
otherwise, are logged on NA.  The only writing I seem to do any more is
to sign my name on checks to pay the bills.  :-(

           73,
                                   ,'' '',
     Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL

                         E-Mail: n4bp@bc.seflin.org
              Web Page: http://wg104a.wh.uni-stuttgart.de/~n4bp
                     Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715