CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CQWW Rule Inquiry

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Rule Inquiry
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Fri Oct 17 11:27:21 1997
On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 k7zo@micron.net wrote:

> I was reading through the CQWW Rules last night and was
> intrigued by the sentence: "Only the entrant's callsign
> can be used to aid the entrant's score". Maybe I am a
> little naive or inexperienced, but what type of
> behavior is this sentence meant to control?

Scenario #1, 1100Z Saturday morning of WPX SSB 21200.3Khz, band barely
open to Europe...

  "CQ contest CQ contest this is Kilo Quebec Two Mary"

1130Z Saturday morning of WPX SSB 21200.3Khz, band now wide open...

  "CQ contest CQ contest this is Kilo Mike One Henry"

There is currently nothing in the rules for the WPX contest which
prohibits this type of operation.  For some reason.

Scenario #2, 1400Z Saturday CQWW SSB 28495Khz, band marginally open.

IQ4A:  CQ contest CQ contest this is India Four Lima Charlie Kilo.
VP2EC: India Four Lima Charlie Kilo this is Victor Papa Two Echo Charlie.
IQ4A:  VP2EC this is Italy Quebec Four Alpha you are Five Nine Fifteen Over.
DX:    Roger, I4LCK this is VP2EC you are five nine Oh Eight.
VP2EC: Negative, my call is Italy Quebec Four Alpha, OK? [and so on...]

Please note, the scenarios above are hypothetical.  There is no
conscious attempt to portray any actual person or character, living or
dead, and any conclusions or opinions which may appear to have been
reached are strictly original and bear relation to CQ Magazine or the
CQWW Contest Committee.

73

Bill, W4AN