CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Get Rid of the Assisted Category

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Get Rid of the Assisted Category
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:57:11 -0600 (CST)
Once upon a time, when I was new to DXing, I worked some station on 40 CW
at about midnight local (W9) time (about 0600Z).  The station had a huge
pileup.  I never got his call. He went QRT without giving it. I asked
"CL?" and some wise guy sent "A51JS".  I, not knowing any better, sent a
card to Jim Smith for a QSL. He sent mine back noting he hadn't been
there for a couple years.

I never did find out who I actually worked!

73, Zack W9SZ