CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CQ contest awards

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ contest awards
From: l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt (Pedro Pedroso)
Date: Thu Oct 2 12:53:13 1997
On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Alan Braun wrote:

> From: Alan Braun <albraun@socket.net>
> To: cq-contest@contesting.com
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ contest awards
>
> For what it's worth:
>
>     Today (October 1, 1997) I received my certificate for a 2nd place/zero
> district finish in the 1995 WPX-CW contest, which occurred almost 2 1/2
> years ago.  I've been "lurking" while the discussion about the time delays
> in the CQ awards program has been discussed; this may give people some
> idea of what to expect.
>
> 73 and CU in the CQWW
> Alan NS0B

        Alan, do you really think it is "normal" to receive your award
        more than 2 years after the event ?????
        I'm sure you don't ! I still haven't received my award from
        1995 WPX and the 1995 CQWW just came 3 months ago, so...
        .. better later than never, but shouldn't things change ?!

                        Best 73 CUL in CQWW DX !

 | Pedro Pedroso                        |                            |
 | l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt               |  CT1ELP                    |
 | Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores   |  Founder member of GPDX    |
 | (Telecomunicacoes e electronica)     |                            |
 | Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2806 Almada Codex , PORTUGAL               |