CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:52:05 +0000
"certainly it is true that the really big stations have a special
responsibility to ensure they aren't just
trampling the little fellas."

Why is this a special case? A QRP station in New England have a better signal
into Europe than a station in the Upper midwest; where does the "special
responsibility" lie then? If making a big score means digging out many weak
(ostensibly QRP) signals, then doesn't another QRP station have the potential
to "trample" my run frequency? I personally don't think anyone deserves special
treatment or consideration in a contest, including special sub-bands or signing
"/QRP".

I humbly suggest that everyone has the responsibility and requirement of making
sure a frequency is clear before they assume they can use it, regardless of
station size or location.

73 Steve K0SR