CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] TR4W Report

To: "Richard J. Norton" <richardjnorton@gmail.com>,"CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TR4W Report
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 01:13:19 +0000
Due to work and family commitments I wasn't able to put in much of an effort
into the ARRL 160 contest this year. But like Dick I was intrigued by a Windows
version of TR. The version of TR4W I have doesnt support 2 radio operatio yet
but it would work well for a single band contest like the 160. I managed to get
a few hours in this evening and test drive this program while I was at it.
It's close, in fact very close in operation to TR. However I did notice that on
an intermittent basis is would send poor sounding CW. Not gargbage, but the
timing was goofy. I've never had TR-DOS act like this. I'm using a 1.3 Ghz
pentium with 1.3 G of Ram running Windows XP SP2.
Other than the CW keying issue I had nothing to complain about.
73 Steve K0SR