CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?

To: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:31:49 +0000
Define "Midwest". This speaks to the main reason why the current qualification
process is so deeply flawed. The "regions" defined have always been based on
population and NOT with any regard (or even the dimmest understanding) of real
propagation. It won't make any difference if you create qualifying events. The
same small number of people in favorable locations will continue to qualify,
and the rest of us won't.

That being said, I agree with Hans and others who have pointed out that half
the field is comprised of "best friends" who didn't necessariy qiualify for
anything. That's unfair and just plain wrong.

73 Steve K0SR