CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>, Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the Amateur Radio Parity Act
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 09:35:21 -0500
Thing is,
Sure allow the CC&R's
No one says that they have to restrict anything....
Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 8/15/2017 11:26 AM, Ria Jairam wrote:
The first step is to ban local Governments from requiring CC&Rs for
plat approval for new subdivisions. They almost always do.

Ria, N2RJ

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com> wrote:
Don't know about the issues K1VR brings up but he is an attorney and knows
current law.

I doubt there is a subdivision built in the last 25 or 30 years that does nor
require a HOA.  Why, because the financial institutions require the
restrictions before they lend any money to the developer to get the subdivision
started.  I feel the act tried to cure the dog after the fact. I think the real
approach is to get banks et al to change the set of rules at their end before
the funding starts.

Thank goodness I have never lived in an HOA subdivision.

73 Dave K4JRB