CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] 2018 MnQP word challenge

To: qsoparty@yahoogroups.com, "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>, FQP <fqp@kkn.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2018 MnQP word challenge
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 13:16:17 -0600
QSO Party Contesters. . .

The Minnesota QSO Party is now being written into the history books. The MWA activated 75 of the 1x1 callsigns during our 10-hour event last Saturday. Maybe you heard all the "ruckus" on the bands? We had a lot of fun even though propagation was less than stellar into our area. Ten mobiles were active and helped activate all 87 counties again this year.

A new twist to this years event was the spelling bee. You work the 1x1 stations and use their suffix (A, B, C, etc. . . ) to spell out the words from the official list. There will be special recognition for those operators who could spell the most words from that list. Visit the MWA website  www.w0aa.org  for the complete details in the MnQP Rules.

To help tally your achievement, I added a worksheet to my MnQP Log Analyzer tool. You can download the "*QP - MN Log Analyzer Rev 3.0.1.xls*" from this site: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am7cWbf-YWzZhw0sdqSQmnvIljo9

Import your Cabrillo log into LOG1 and the new worksheet will tally the words for you, automatically!

Thanks for all the QSOs this past weekend!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN (operating KØD in CHS)