CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Favorite Ploys

To: n4zr@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Favorite Ploys
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:33:24 EST

Time for a new thread name.

I still like the old standby of an RST other than 59/5NN.

579 is too easy.  To really make it tough use 4NN.

Many years ago, when the San Francisco 49ers were a good team that won  Super
Bowls, I had some fun using "49" as a report, in honor of that team's
accomplishments.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 2/22/2008 2:55:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

My  favorite ploy for testing the skill of the other contester - throw in
some  extra characters in each CW contest QSO, and whenever possible, add
ambiguity.

For example 5NN1TT TU ... and for extra credit, run the  TU in with the
power number.

Other fine examples from last weekend  --

When S&P, be sure to send your own call before the exchange,  even if the
other station got it right.  Make the other person  wonder.

When someone asks you to verify your power, or a serial  number  - like
"5W?" or "1239?" - never, never just send "R" - it's  much more fun to
resend your power or serial number a few times, so he  thinks he must have
miscopied, and so another station will come along and  start CQing on the
frequency while you're sending all  that.

Lessee... there must be more favorites out  there.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)