CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:55:19 -0500
What is wrong with changing categories mid-contest? In the last CQ WW
Phone contest I started low power. For some reason I was not doing well
and not having fun so I switched to high power.

John KK9A - P40A

To:     cq-contest@contesting.com
From:   Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date:   Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:03:05 -0800

Too bad the contest log authors couldn't make it so that once the log has
been set up and contacts made, the class can't be changed.

Make the default 'checklog' (now is it SOA in N1MM), and if a class isn't
selected, that is what is used for log submission.

I know you could do an 'export to ADIF', and then import into another log,
but if someone did that, that would REALLY be cheating. 73
Tom W7WHY