CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Accck ..Mistake CQWW 160

To: john@kk9a.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Accck ..Mistake CQWW 160
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 20:15:15 -0700
I am not going back over 1000's of emails but the question was about zones and the answer was to log the correct zone.

Why is this even a question? KL7 is not in 003 or 005. The rules call for the zone. If we know G3XXX is in 14 then that is what goes in the box.

N2NT has even spoke up and said no biggie that the log checking would fix it anyway so with DX it really didn't what they sent. Same with CQ WW right? If you copy zone 40 and the guy is in zone 14 you don't get credit for zone 40.

On 1/29/2017 8:10 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Which committee members said over and over to correct an incorrect report?
In September 2016 the CQWW RTTY director posted the following in response to
my question regarding an incorrectly sent zone:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2016-09/msg00223.html

John KK9A aka W4AAA P40A WP2AA

To:     cq-contest@contesting.com
From:   W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date:   Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:56:59 -0700

They have said over and over to log what is correct when it comes to zones
etc.

On 1/28/2017 10:26 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:

This is another case of should you log what was sent or what is correct.
Committee members typically say to log was is sent even if obviously
incorrect. I did this in CQWW RTTY when a zone sent was obviously incorrect
since it did not match the state and I am waiting to see what happens.

John KK9A