CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:16:25 -0700
Does it matter what you send vs what class you enter into? Should it?  Is it in the spirit of the rules to send unexpected data and wrong data?   I looked back at our V3M LCR and about 50 people decided that NN or 99  = 100 and lost a contact.

The rules state:

4.2. DX stations send signal report and power (number or abbreviation indicating approximate transmitter output power).

So I guess we can now rewrite the rules whenever we want for whatever personal reasons we have?

I happen to like zorro so now I can send zorro  for power if I travel to a DX location?

W0MU

On 2/19/2018 7:59 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
It has to be tough living with a generator for that long. Congrats to the
KP4's continuing with their normal lives and getting on the air for the DX
contest.  I hope that the ARRL accepts the zero power report. FWIW, I have
received 000 serial numbers in RTTY contests but usually when I question
it I get a real number.

John KK9A

From:   Jim Brown
Date:   Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:16:22 -0800

both NP4Z and NP4G are making statements that commercial power has still
not been restored in much of Puerto Rico following last year's big storms,
thus "power is zero".

73 de Rusty, W6OAT