CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Serial numbers vs. power

To: w2up@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Serial numbers vs. power
From: W8FJ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:05:49 EST
Barry..

I had exactly the same question several times during the contest.  I  must
have made at least half a doz QSOs that seemed to be numbers rather than
powers.  I would hope that this "mistake" happens often enough that the  powers
that
be would recognize it and NOT disqualify QSOs, especially if there's  a
penalty attached.  I am not "correcting" anything.  Hopefully, I  won't be
penalized.  After all, I'm submitting what I copied.

John...

During the contest, especially at the beginning, some guys were sending
serial number (or zone.)  By the end of the contest, they corrected
their ways.

For example, I worked a guy at 0200Z Sat who gave me  599067.  When I
worked him on another band Sunday evening, it was  599500.

Sooo, do I correct the first QSO, hoping the log-checking  software
doesn't ding me for it (it does check exchanges, doesn't  it?)

73,
Barry

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP