CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves

To: jfunk@adams.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:08:55 -0800
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:52:16 GMT, jfunk@adams.net wrote:

>Question 1:  What tips are out there for avoiding this?  I think we could
>use some.

One thing that has caused this for me more than once is poorly written
software.  By that I mean software which will clear split mode all by
itself without any input from the operator.  You glance over at the rig
and horrors!  You're no longer split, and in the case of 40 meters,
you're quite likely out of the sub-band.

It's one reason I quit using LogWindows.

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW