CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:28:05 +0000 (GMT)
Sorry folks...but ever try reading the RULES?

>From CQWW

IV. NUMBER EXCHANGE: Phone: RS
report plus zone (i.e., 5705). CW: RST
report plus zone (i.e., 57905).

So we are all REQUIRED to send 5705 or 57905, irrespective of S strength,
readability, or
actual zone.

We all know that "IE" translates into "that is," right?  So CQ specifies
exactly what we
are supposed to send and it is NOT 599.

NOTE:  Clearly, the rule should read: (EG 5705) since EG = "for example."

Additionally, nowhere in the CQWW Rules does it state that you have record the
exchange,
only to make an exchange.

As far as I know (afaik for you net guys), cabrillo is what "requires" that the
exchange field
be populated.

April in July!!

de Doug KR2Q