CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] US Zipcode Help Needed

To: "Tim EI8IC" <tim.ei8ic@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] US Zipcode Help Needed
From: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:08:28 -0500
Tim,

Check out http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown_zip.jsp which is the US Post
Office Zip Code lookup site. I have lookup by zip code selected but there
are other searches available.  As you indicated, and I only checked a few
from the below list, they aren't showing up as valid. I'm aware that
sometimes zip codes split and new ones are used, but I wasn't aware of zip
codes just going away.

Maybe something you can do is for those you are finding in the FCC database,
use the page at http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown.jsp to get an updated zip
code for the city, or even the address tab.

QRZ.com had a good address to grid lookup that showed lat/lon but it hasn't
worked for a couple months now. What I've used now is to go to
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/universimmedia/geo/loc.htm and enter in the
address and have Google do the geocoding. Sometimes you need to adjust the
address (remove extra info) but it usually works well.

Hope that helps,
K2DSL - David