CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] control op & 3rd party agreements (was KP2MM)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] control op & 3rd party agreements (was KP2MM)
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:51:39 +0000 (GMT)
>From 2+ decades ago, when I operated at a M/M and had "only" an advanced class
>license,
the received interpretation was that you could not operate outside of YOUR
license class
UNLESS you had a control op.

HOWEVER, since you are operating OUTSIDE you class privileges, you effectively
have NO
LICENSE when operating in, say, the Extra Class portion of the band.  That
makes YOU exactly
the same as an unlicensed person operating under the auspices of a Control Op
which ALSO
MEANS that you can ONLY work DX that have A 3rd party agreement with the USA.
While lots
of DX do, lots do NOT.  It would seem crazy to operate, say, 5kc up from the
bottom and
then have to be "selective" about who you can work while the control is
present.  "Sri, can't
work ur country.  QRZ TEST."

Obviously, this makes the question of FD moot since (almost) nobody is working
DX outside
of those under the authority of the FCC and VE.

Everybody makes mistakes.  That's why we are human and that's how we all learn.
 Accept
it and move on.  Do as I did way back when and simply get your Extra Class.

de Doug KR2Q