CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Is anyone else pissed off...

To: Paul@k9pg.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is anyone else pissed off...
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:40:13 EDT
FWIW the Crowne Plaza web site lists rooms for Thursday though Saturday
night of Dayton at $165.00 plus tax. This is up from $153.67 for one week
earlier.

Don't know if you can actually make a reservation that way.

About 10 years ago I pissed off at CP Dayton, and have stayed at cheaper
places up north. This year we stayed right across from the airport for
$50/night plus tax for a double. Not fancy, and you have to drive back after
the
suites, but certainly cost effective.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 7/2/2010 6:32:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Paul@k9pg.com writes:

....  about this amazingly disgusting rate hike by the Crowne Plaza?
>From $125 or so all the way to $209?

This is a 70% increase

I  thought that $125 a night for the average rooms & service that we get is
a  bit high... but $209?

The DoubleTree 2 blocks away is just as nice and  under $100 a night

I bet that if enough people call the Crowne directly  and voice an opinion
and threaten to go elsewhere, they might have a change of  heart.  I'm
currently in email contact with the marketing manager...  probably gonna talk
him tomorrow.

Paul  K9PG