CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Legal and / or ethical in ARRL?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Legal and / or ethical in ARRL?
From: KI9A@aol.com (KI9A@aol.com)
Date: Thu Mar 7 20:23:54 2002
--part1_f2.17edd0e5.29b96caa_boundary

In a message dated 3/7/02 7:17:37 PM Central Standard Time, w3cf@comcast.net
writes:

Anyone besides me have a problem with that?

No. Not at all. When you are at home, you are no longer a part of the multi
operation.  If you were still at the station & doing this, it is indeed
unethical.
But, then again, how do you control this? Can't.

As far as announcing operations in advance. What is the problem? Should it be
a secret? Nah. Should a station ask to be spotted, and often? Well, dunno.
Not really. But, again, how is it regulated? But, then again, why not?? As
long as it is PRIOR to the contest & not during it.

my 2 cents,
73-Chuck KI9A

--part1_f2.17edd0e5.29b96caa_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>In a message dated 3/7/02 7:17:37 PM
Central Standard Time, w3cf@comcast.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Anyone besides me have a problem with that?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
No. Not at all. When you are at home, you are no longer a part of the multi
operation.&nbsp; If you were still at the station &amp; doing this, it is
indeed unethical.<BR>
But, then again, how do you control this? Can't.<BR>
<BR>
As far as announcing operations in advance. What is the problem? Should it be a
secret? Nah. Should a station ask to be spotted, and often? Well, dunno. Not
really. But, again, how is it regulated? But, then again, why not?? As long as
it is PRIOR to the contest &amp; not during it.<BR>
<BR>
my 2 cents,<BR>
73-Chuck KI9A</FONT></HTML>

--part1_f2.17edd0e5.29b96caa_boundary--