CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Big change in WRTC rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Big change in WRTC rules
From: 'Hrvoje Horvat' <hrle@ipazin.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:09:38 +0200
Making WRTC single op would make more sense but it would limit fun
from 100 to 50 competitors. I dont see future of WRTC with single
players - specially that we know what effort is needed to organize
everything

As per new WRTC rules, I personally think M/S is much more challenging
- specialy if condx play important role, but I welcome M/2 rules, it
will push both operators in constant worry about both aspects, running
and collecting mults.

Looking at operators trying to qualify in Europe #5 area (where I'm
trying to find a spot) it's almost impossible to do it without serious
team behind you. Most of us with real chances in our area are all part
of teams and participating in major contests as serious Multi Op team
and mostly using 800-pts contests for Single Op entries. Pointing this
out, I would love to see WRTC opens up possibility for 3rd and/or even
4th spot in WRTC team per wish of the team leader.

73,
Hrle - 9A6XX @ 9A1P/9A7P Contest Team