CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Microsoft Virtual PC - multiple operating systems

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Microsoft Virtual PC - multiple operating systems
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:02:10 -0800
If I might make a suggestion: If you don't mind spending a few bucks,
the best way to run different operating systems on one computer is to
use a device known as a "tray" or "carrier". This allows you to swap
hard drives in about 30 seconds and keeps your OSes completely
separate from each other. You mount the carrier in your computer,
install your hard drive in the tray and just swap trays. You can buy
spare trays, as many as you need.

To see an example, go to eBay and search for item 320194345160.

This is the model I have used in the past and it works great. The fan
is only good for about a year, so just replace it with a good quality
ball bearing type for a few bucks and it should last forever. You
can't beat the price.

73, Bill W6WRT