CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] WPX: New rule for Multi-Single???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX: New rule for Multi-Single???
From: andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk (andrew)
Date: Sat Mar 17 02:56:42 2001
In message <8160937F4F4CD111A93E00805FC1752904AC2D1D@ntsiaexch.office>,
Soro Roberto <roberto.soro@sia.it> writes

 >OLD RULE
 >2. Multi Operator (All band operation only)
 >(a) Single-Transmitter: Only one transmitter and one band permitted during
 >the same time period (defined as 10 minutes).
 >
 >NEW  RULE
 >2. Multi-Operator (All band operation only)
 >(a) Single-Transmitter: Only one transmitter and one band permitted during
 >the same time period (defined as 10
 >minutes). Exception: One-and only one-other band may be used during any
 >10-minute period if-and only
 >if-the station worked is a new multiplier. Logs found in violation of the
 >10-minute rule will be automatically
 >reclassified as multi-multi.
 >

 >Does this mean, if I correctly interpret the exception, that I can have a
 >RUN station on one band (let say 20m) and
 >a MULT station on another band (let say 15) and this MULT station may work,
 >as many other stations as he can,
 >providing they are only new multipliers??
 >
 >I would like to know opinions on this topic.
 >thanks and cu in WPX.
 >Bob,I2WIJ (IU2M  M/S in WPX contest)

Bob,

I read the rule the same way as you.  If you are indeed correct, then
this is a brilliant change which the MS category in WPX has been in dire
need of for years.

With the old rule, the MS category had no strategy whatsoever, it was
just a case of run run run with the occasional change of operator, which
was very boring for the other ops that weren't running.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

One of the ZL9CI gang
http://www.qsl.net/zl9ci/